(Sanskrit कोश, kośa) Literally, "body, sheath, vessel, container, treasure, collection." Equivalent to sharira, "body," or "easily dissolved." In Vedanta and the Upanishads, kosha is translated as "sheath" and refers to coverings or layers within whichdwells. Five sheaths are described:
The middle three are sometimes considered as one "subtle body," as written in Atma Bodha:
14. Avidya [ignorance], indescribable and beginningless, is the cause, which is an upadhi superimposed on. Know for certain that the is other than these three conditioning bodies (the upadhis or physical body, subtle body, causal body).
15. In its identification with the five-sheaths the Immaculateappears to have borrowed their qualities upon Itself; as in the case of a crystal which appears to gather unto itself colour of its vicinity (blue cloth, etc.,).
16. Through discriminative self-analysis and logical thinking one should separate the Pure self within from the sheaths as one separates the rice from the husk, bran, etc., that are covering it.
17. Thedoes not shine in everything although He is All-pervading. He is manifest only in the inner equipment, : just as the reflection in a clean mirror.
18. One should understand that theis always like the King, distinct from the body, senses, mind and intellect, all of which constitute the matter (Prakriti); and is the witness of their functions.
I was very blessed with your free resource material it was only right for me to be to support. The world often forces us to support huge capitalist models with questionable ethics and so I'm grateful for your life enriching material.
I cannot thank you enough for all that you are doing and providing to spread the opportunity of true. I have greatly benefited from the information on the website...
Your lectures, books, practices, etc. have radically changed my life in a profound manner. Especially putting into daily practice the teachings from the lectures... Your efforts making the lectures and everyone involved who makes it possible are a true blessing to humanity and beyond.
These books have helped me changed my whole reality,..... Tragic and beautiful that pendulum we swing,...
Your books, lectures and courses have made the last years of my life complete. When that final hour comes, I know I will land in the right place.
What you guys are doing is really wonderful. You have helped me understand in my spiritual practice. I am truly grateful that your works is changing lives. When the student is really ready, the teacher has finally arrive to guide.