1. When comprehending the ego in accordance with the guidelines given in Tao Meditation the depth of concentration is very shallow due to effort in remembering gaps and , so one has to rewind and forward the various memories in order to find missing spots, is this considered ok procedure?
- The first step of the retrospection takes about 20-30 minutes alone at this moment. How fast do you rewind the film ?
- I saw at another post that deep meditation if required when comprehending the ego's , this is the same meditation depth required when retrieving information from symbols etc ?
- Should i then wait until capacity of concentration is there to do 'Tao Meditation' practice ? Or continue practicing like now until it gets deeper, because at this moment i am having trouble just labeling the various sentiments and sensations that have cropped up during the day.
- At the moment my efforts are directed towards Vipassana and Mindfulness practices given by Thích Nhất Hạnh , and they are helping tremendously with peace and calmness during the day. Is this this a fair start ?
- Swami Sivananda and Benjamin Franklin both held a journal of some sorts , where they cycled virtues they wanted to develop. Focusing on one virtue weekly/daily/monthly and so on. And i am pulled to this method, but what is your take on it ?
2. Am i right to believe that when one reaches a certain level in concentration and the practice is suspended, one keeps that level because the capacity and skill is stored in the sexual energy of the neophyte ? At the sister site sacred-sex.org there is a quote about a practitioner that lost all of his virtues and concentration because of the couple wanting to conceive a child. So if for an example trying to speed up the process of developing concentration by doing a retreat, i would keep some of it when coming back to a place with a lot of impressions ?
3. The books and procedures by Swami Sivananda, Rudolf Steiner and Dion Fortune are OK ? I know Rudolf Steiner was considered a true gnostic by the Master , and i have seen one book on Mystical Qabalah (Dion Fortune) recommended here.
The reason is because it helps me understand the red thread of spirituality and occultism through the various authors, and helps me put away a few fears and worries that comes from just reading from one authoritative source.
Thank you for your time and efforts with this site, i have known this site and teachings for a few years, but realized every time i come back that i haven't been mature to accept the teachings . I don't expect every question to be answered, but hopefully some of them !